Between November 2012 and July 2013, the Live Green with LESS program assisted over 1439 households reduce emissions and save money through energy efficiency retrofits.
The program was delivered in partnership with Lower Energy Supplies and Services and aimed to help households lower their electricity and gas bills through the installation of a number of subsidised energy efficiency products:
- LED down lights
- Draft sealing products
- Energy monitors (in home displays)
- Stand-by power controllers
- TV rebates
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Low flow showerheads
- Insulation of hot water pipes
The project evaluation highlighted the following challenges and lessons:
- The financial model and viability of a VEET subsidised program is challenged as the VEEC price falls below $15 per certificate
- The concept of product bundling is effective in enabling a choice of services at each retrofit and efficiency in the field
- Leveraging Council’s existing engagement channels with low income households was effective in driving uptake and assisting disadvantaged residents (where energy bills represents a higher proportion of living costs)
Further information please contact our Regional Coordinator here.